My Blog List

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Finished individual piece

I have finished my individual piece for the Pairings project of Missouri fiber Artists.  I used a tea dyed embroidered cotton, and did a tombstone rubbing on it.  I only used the top of the rubbing.  I couched gold thread for the floor, using a purple embroidery floss.  Then I covered a lot of the design with sari cloth remnants. I basted some gold silk under the piece so that the gold would peek through the holes in the embroidered piece I cut a piece of batting to go behind the cloth, and using ecru embroidery thread, quilted the piece.  A friend gave me a piece of pleated fabric.  I put batting behind the piece, I stuck more thin sari remnants in the pleats, fastening them down with contrasting embroidery floss.  This quilted the piece.
I put the embroidered piece on top of the pleated piece, and sewed it down.