My Blog List

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fast Friday Challenge #49

I had an old picture taken by my Dad in the Pacific during World War II, showing a number of parachutes hanging up in a hanger.  This was my inspiration.  I crazy pieced my background on top of batting using the sewing machine.  Then I chose a number of dark blue fabrics, one muted gold, and 2 gold fabrics.  I hand sewed them onto the background.  I added strips of fabric at the bottom of each element to suggest the lines.  I pillow cased a facing to the piece. I thought I would bead the piece, using navy and a few crystal beads on the dark fabric, and gold ones on the gold fabric, but when I finished the piece I kind of liked it as it is.

I would appreciate any comments you have. this is my first Fast Friday Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment