My Blog List

Friday, February 18, 2011

some pieces that Rosie and Caroline made

In November I went to visit my twin granddaughters.  They always want to do crafts.  Caroline is obsessed with KU, hence the blue, red and yell9ow preferences.  Rosie uses more color leeway.  I adapted an idea from Quilting Arts Christmas gifts to make the houses.  I had the girls draw a rectangle on canvas. I pressed fusible temtex on the back.  They cut out rectangles for the doors and windows, and helped me sew the windows and doors on the houses. I set them on some white quilt batting, and added some starry night fabric.  I cut out tress from green corduroy, and they decorated the trees. We used glue to stick the stuff down. I you look closely, you can see that the KU fan has even (herself!) cut out a KU for the star. They were very happy with their Christmas wall hangings.

2 comments:

  1. The girls and their work are fabulous. I'll watch your blog for other ideas to do with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete