My Blog List

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fabric art based on Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series

I am very fond of the Outlander Series, and I also think the cover art from the books is fantastic.  I have been working in a series using Dupioni silk 6 inch squares as the base.  I have appliqued and embroidered the pieces.  I have finished 3 so far:





I have 5 more to go:




I can figure out how to approach all of the pieces except The Fiery Cross.  As you can see, the 2 stags are very small.  I was thinking of making them separately, maybe using wash away stabilizer and then applying them to the piece.  I don't think I can use the washaway stuff directly on the piece, as it is silk. Off the Wall Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is my favorite series... and I got to see Diana and hear her lecture at the Library of Congress book festival. She is so funny and charming and smart. Just like the series.
    She said they are in negotiations for a movie and the audience was very opinionated about Jamie's actor!!
    LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Diana Gabaldon too. Where did you get Written in My Own Hearts Blood? I didn't think it was published yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't, and I haven't (obviously) read it. But the image she is going to use for the cover has been published in http://www.dianagabaldon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eager to read it, so I was just hoping! I keep looking in the book store every time I go. I reread all the books in anticipation, but I guess I started too soon as it's been months.

    ReplyDelete