My Blog List

Monday, April 7, 2014

Gabaldon covers

I have finished making the individual pieces inspired by Diana Gabaldon's books.  I haven't yet decided how to put them on a background.  Since I am a fiber person, I don't want to frame them, instead I am thinking of mounting them on a piece of dark distressed wool.
I used dupioni silk for the background.  I backed the silk pieces with some iron on interfacing, then batting, and finally backing.  I stitched the silk to these layers using gold thread that is usually used for machine quilting. Most of the work is also appliqued in silk, with the exception of A Breath of Snow and Ashes, in which I used a crocheted doilie that I painted white.
I am excited to have the individual 8 blocks done.
The pictures don't show the colors as vibrantly as they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment