I am making progress on the st. Louis piece, requested by my daughter. I have some pictures of my design decisions. First, the "canvas" for the piece--the background I started with. A lot of the background will be covered by other material choices, and the objects that I will add.
The January second picture shows some of the things I intend to include.
I replaced some of the blue with a better ground piece, and added some other figures that I will include.
I used the gate to the Rose Garden at the Missouri Botanical Garden on my first St. Louis piece. I used misty fuse and drew the design on white fabric. It looked awful on that piece, so I embroidered over it. This time I felt that it would be easier to embroider the piece first, using batting as the background, and then apply the piece to the quilt. It worked out better that using the cloth and stitching over it.
That's as far as I got today
.Off the Wall Fridays