My Blog List

Thursday, January 2, 2014

This year I am going to do art every day(at least I hope so).  I usually work on my art quilts, designing and cutting out pieces in my basement "studio" and sew on them in the evening.  I feel lost if I don't have something to sew on.  What I am working on now: a new St. Louis history quilt.  My daughter admired the first one I made, trying to appropriate it for her home.  I foolishly said I would make her her on St. Louis quilt.  Her husband thought I could make a similar quilt for the places they have lived: Washington, DC and their current location, Overland Park.  I don't know if I will do the other two, but I am now working on a version


of the St. Louis quilt for her. I have swapped out the Compton Water Tower and replaced it with College Church, where they got married.
In addition, I have a piece I will add to when I don't have anything to sew on the St. Louis one.  I have included some pictures.  The first one is the St. Louis piece I made first, that was juried in to Missouri Fiber Artist's Speaking of Fibers.

No comments:

Post a Comment